Monday, May 08, 2006

Shirahama Beach

The beaches in Japan are not that beautiful as Brazil. The sand is really dark and most of time there is not sand at all, only rocks...

Shirahama (white sand in Japanese) is the only beach I know around here... more beautiful than here is Okinawa of course.

Luckly to find out this place which is close to Tokyo and we can just go there over the weekend.

The beach is wonderful, the weather was good, people are nice... water is green, many surfists (some handsome hehehe) and they are quite open... not shy at all.. they come to talk to you as you're friends for a long time. I liked that. It reminds me Brazil!






It's wonderful to find a place in Japan empty, not crowded at all during GW!!

It was the best place we could find and take all day sunny and warm feeling.

The windy was quite strong and cool, so that we didn't feel that too hot sensation as in July ^-^ Perfect! I can say!

8 comments:

Me said...

Hi Cutie!
Seems like you had a nice time!
Quite brave of you to go down there without any hotel reservation, when it's G.W.

I guess it's not as crowded as everyone think it is.

Helena said...

Not crowded at all ;-)
but quite lucky as the hotel was full till the day before I get there!!

The water is still cold so only surfists were there. Only me, my friend and other 2 girls (foreigners as they were speaking in English) were wearing bikinis!! All Japanese with normal clothes there, amazing!! In Brazil, right after the winter, with such a good weather, everybody is wearing bikinis already.

I heard Japanese like to go there when is crowded hehehe
And that is what I'm gonna avoid!!

Me said...

Yes, it usually get crowded down there in June.

So where are you planning to go next? I guess you are already planning your next trip.

I'm going to Bangkok end of this month. Ever been there?

Helena said...

No no, no plans for next trip ... ^-^
I usually plan the day before my trip heheh

I've been in Bangkok in 2003, also Phi Phi Island and Phuket... the temples are amazing and the beaches are perfect to do snorkeling (as I don't dive).

How long r u staying there?

Me said...

I'm only there for 4 nights. Leaving 31st, back again 4th of June.

Businesstrip actually, but I plan to do some sightseeing and shopping at the markets, as well.

Helena said...

ok! have fun, but be careful! no tuk-tuk, don't listen to anybody, no crazy girls because they are boys.

but I liked the temples and the places there! all nite party w/ some colleages^-^

were u serious when u said u don't party/drink?

Me said...

NO! Of course I drink and party. Wanna go?

Me said...

NO! Of course I drink and party. Wanna go?