Saturday, December 17, 2005

NYC 2005

Once again in NYC, always in the winter... hahaha maso!
In fact... last time I was not able to explore Central Park and it is really beautiful!! oh yeah, especially after all night of snow, the reservoir (Jacqueline Kennedy) was awful.
Well, the famous Great Lawn, only a huge space of white carpet... around, many ppl skiing and playing like kids in the snow... I felt "natsukashii" the time I was going for skiing almost every weekend with my good friends already back to Brazil...

The view from the Belvedere Castle is quite nice... All the lakes right now are with a thin ice layer and makes the landscape very light...

I was not able to get maps when I arrived as too many ppl in the airport... so a guy from Seattle asked me to take his picture, offered to take mine and gave goods maps and tips...


Aeeeeee, friends in NYC, for couple of hours but really good time to see them ^-^
After working all together at HSBC, amazing is even everybody split up around the world we still keep in touch and have great time everywhere.
Thanks to Renatinha for arranging that at last minute (^-^)v



The best walk was through the Brooklyn bridge, wonderful view of Manhattan from the middle of the bridge... lucky ppl can run Sunday morning on the bridge in a very sunny day!
One thing is good to see in America is ppl jogging anytime... much much more than in Tokyo.
Even here, most of ppl running is foreigner... at least the places I use to go for running and walking...

Brooklyn is more beautiful than I was imaging... the architecture of the buildings is nice, big bldgs (like citigroup and chase) make the view of the downlown a bit different.


Now, if I tell destiny and lucky walk together on my way... maybe not a big deal for others but I was quite amazed with the real geishas in Kyoto... I thought it was not possible to see them so close, suddenly trip and such a big coincidence to be in the right place in the right moment...
Four days later I was in NYC, Lincoln Square, close to the Central Park when my dear friend Renatinha just said they started "Memoirs of a Geisha" the movie on that day...
Two hours of a story I have read 5 or 6 years ago... of course the Sayuri being a chinese is quite strange... and the Pres being The Last Samurai also very weird.
The funniest thing is that I probably was a geisha in some past life ^-^ hahahhah
a good one like Sayuri hoooooo
Maybe someday I find my Pres to be my "danna" ?
mas q tonta... como diz meu amigo Pepe in barcelona.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ae ae ae! Que legal as fotinhos!!! Que saudades dos amigos distantes, um em cada canto do mundo.... sempre que dá um tempinho dou uma espiadinha no seu blog, que tá muito 10!
Bjocas Heleninha!

Helena said...

Oi Mara! sempre gosto dos seus alos !! vou registrando tudo que acontece por aqui pois sei que tudo passa tao rapido... que bom q ta gostando do blog blog... antigamente nao escrevia quase nada... entao, to tentando fazer uns updates sempre q possivel!
um super beijo!!
saudades de vc!!